Fantome Tower L.P. (“Landlord”), acting on its own behalf or through its property management company, Hines Interests Limited Partnership (“Hines”), reserves the right to rescind or modify any of these Building Rules and Regulations and to make such other and further Building Rules and Regulations as, in its reasonable judgment, shall, from time to time, be required for the safety, protection, care and cleanliness of the Project, the operation thereof, the preservation of good order therein and the protection and comfort of the tenants and their agents, employees and invitees. Such Building Rules and Regulations, when made, either in whole or in part, shall be binding upon tenant(s) in like manner as if originally herein prescribed.
These Building Rules and Regulations apply in whole to the 1100 Louisiana office tower building, a/k/a Enterprise Plaza (“Building”), on Block 259. While also used for the 1100 Smith garage building, on Block 260, some provisions may not apply. Not all provisions apply to storage units and/or telecommunications sites in either building.
Please direct any questions regarding Building Rules and Regulations, to Hines, 1100 Louisiana, Suite 2250, Houston, Texas 77002; Phone 713-759-9923; Fax 713-759-9257 (the “Management Office”).
- Hours: The Building Hours are from 7:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding Holidays. Access at all other times is provided by the Kastle card system.
- Deliveries / Elevator Usage: All routine deliveries to Tenant's Leased Premises between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. weekdays shall be made through the freight elevators. Passenger elevators are to be used only for the movement of people, unless an exception is approved by the Management Office.
To insure orderly operation of the Project, no ice, mineral or other water, towels, newspapers, packages, etc. will be delivered to Tenant's Leased Premises except by persons appointed or approved by Landlord, through Hines, in writing.
- Alterations by Construction / Communications Equipment Installation: Proposed plans for alterations within the Project must be pre-approved in writing by Landlord, through Hines. This provision will apply to all work performed in the Project including, but not limited to: installation of telephones, electrical devices and attachments and all installations affecting or affixed to floors, walls, woodwork, trim, windows, ceiling, equipment or any other portion of the Project.
All build-out plan reviews, ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) and/or TDLR (Texas Department of Licensing and Regulations) inspections must be performed by the Landlord approved RAS (Registered Accessibility Specialist), currently: Accessibility Design Solutions, Phone: 713-961-4441. The aforementioned reviews and inspections must be coordinated through the Management Office.
Should Tenant require telephonic, annunciator or other communications service, the Management Office will direct the electricians where and how wires are to be introduced and placed and none shall be introduced or placed except as the Management Office shall direct.
- Â Tenant’s Furnishings (Moving of, Damage to, Weight of, & Positioning of ): Movement of furniture or office equipment in or out of the Project or the dispatch or receipt of any bulky material, merchandise or other material which requires the use of the elevators or the stairways or movement through the Project entrances or lobby will be restricted to such hours as the Management Office shall reasonably designate. All such movement will be under the supervision of the Management Office and in the manner agreed upon between Tenant and Landlord, through Hines, by prearrangement. Such prearrangement, initiated by Tenant, is subject to the Management Office’s control as to the time, method, routing of the movement and limitations for safety or other concerns which may prohibit any article, equipment or other item(s) from being brought into the Project.
Tenant is to assume all risks for damage to articles moved or injury to persons engaged or not engaged in such movement and for any damage to Landlord's equipment or property or injury to Landlord's or Management Office personnel as a result of any act in connection with fulfilling this service for Tenant. Landlord and/or Hines shall not be liable for any acts of any person(s) engaged in, or any damage or loss to any of said property of person(s) resulting from, any act in connection with such service performed for Tenant unless the damage or injury is caused by gross negligence or willful misconduct of Landlord.
Landlord reserves the right to prescribe the weight and positioning of safes, files, filing systems and other heavy equipment and written approval must be obtained from the Management Office before work begins. All damage done to the Project by the movement of property of Tenant, or done by Tenant's property while in the Project, will be repaired at Tenant's expense.
- Security / Doors, Locks & Keys: Tenant will comply with all security procedures during business hours, after hours, and on weekends. Access at all times, other than the previously defined Building Hours, is provided by the Kastle card system.
Landlord, through Hines, will provide all locks for doors in the Leased Premises and no additional lock(s) will be placed on any door(s) within the Leased Premises without Landlord's written consent. All requests for duplicate keys will be made to the Management Office.
Tenant is requested to lock all office doors leading to corridors at the close of the working day. Corridor doors, when not in use, shall be kept closed.
- Temperature & Thermostats / Air Conditioning & Heating / Energy Conservation: Tenant shall not tamper with or attempt to adjust temperature control thermostats in the Leased Premises. The Management Office, through its Building Engineers, shall adjust thermostats as required to maintain the Building Standard temperature. Landlord requests that all window blinds remain down and tilted at a forty-five degree (45°) angle toward the street to help maintain comfortable room temperatures and conserve energy.
All requests for overtime air conditioning or heating must be submitted in writing to the Management Office by 2:00 p.m. on the day desired, for weekday requests; by 2:00 p.m. on Friday, for weekend requests; and by 2:00 p.m. on the preceding business day for Holiday requests.
Tenant is requested to turn out all lights in the Leased Premises at the close of the working day. Tenant shall not use portable space heaters or install additional electric current to provide power for large copiers, uninterruptible power systems (i.e. backup systems) or air conditioning units without Landlord's prior written permission.
- Cleaning, Maintenance & Appearance / Loss of Property: Tenant will cooperate with Landlord's and Management Office’s employees in keeping the Leased Premises neat and clean unless Tenant is responsible for cleaning and maintenance personnel. Landlord and Hines will in no way be held responsible by Tenant, its agents, employees or invitees for any loss of property from the Leased Premises or public areas or for any damage to any property within the Leased Premises even if such loss or damage occurred when the Leased Premises were locked against entry.
Tenant space that is visible from public areas must be kept neat and clean and is subject to Landlord's approval.
- Trash Disposal / Obstruction / Fixture Damage: If special trash hauling is required, please contact the Management Office.
Sidewalks, doorways, vestibules, halls, stairways, freight elevator lobbies and other similar areas shall not be used for the disposal of trash, be obstructed by Tenant or be used by Tenant for any purpose other than entering or leaving the Leased Premises and for going from one part of the Project to another.
No sweepings, rubbish, rags, or other unsuitable materials shall be disposed of into plumbing fixtures or appliances. Damage resulting to any fixtures from misuse by Tenant shall be the liability of Tenant.
- Graphics & Signage / Directory Board: Signs, advertisements or notices visible in or from public corridors or from outside the Project shall be subject to Landlord's prior written approval.
Landlord will provide and maintain a directory board for all tenants, in the lobby of the 1100 Louisiana (Enterprise Plaza) building, and no other directory will be permitted.
- Smoking / Flammable Materials / Fire Code: Tenant, its agents, employees and invitees shall observe the no smoking requirements, as per Houston City Ordinance, in all public areas including elevators, restrooms, etc.
No flammable or explosive fluids or materials shall be kept or used within the Project except in areas approved by Landlord, and Tenant shall comply with all applicable building and fire codes relating thereto.
- Noise: Tenant will not make or permit any improper noises within the Project or otherwise interfere with other tenants or persons having business within the Project.
- Animals: No animals shall be brought into or kept in, on or about the Project.
- Open and Concealed Firearms: The carrying of firearms of any kind in any leased premises, or the building in which such leased premises is situated, is prohibited. Notwithstanding the foregoing, subject to Landlord’s prior written consent and subject to such conditions as Landlord may impose from time to time, uniformed security personnel hired by a tenant for security of their own leased premises may carry unconcealed firearms while on duty at such leased premises.
These Building Rules and Regulations are subject to change from time to time, by Landlord, in its sole discretion; and any such changes shall be effective and binding upon Tenant immediately upon notice from Landlord of such changes.